Monday, September 15, 2008

More miscellaneous YouTube videos

Just checking out YouTube again, and thought I'd post some videos that I thought were interesting, and might want to come back to someday....

Romney: 'Obama A Senator Killer' - gonna 'take care of' John McCain


John McCain picks Sarah Palin


Romney on McCAIN: "HUGE MISTAKE!!" McCain is a liar.


Ron Paul 9-10-08 Press Conference


CNN: Ron Paul and Ralph Nader on Situation Room 9/10/08


More videos on the topic of the undemocratic way our elections are orchestrated for us can be seen here (on the right side of the screen), or on the Third Party candidates' websites. The sad thing is that people are made to feel that they have to vote against the worst choice, instead of voting their conscience, either because a race is close, or because they don't want to feel like they're "wasting" a vote on someone who isn't likely to be able to win. And that includes not only the Third Party or independent candidates, but Primary elections for the major two Parties. I purposely didn't vote for my first choice, because he wasn't even allowed to participate in the debates, and I wanted to vote for someone who could actually win and change the political landscape, even if moderately.

We really aren't given a fair choice. And there is a way to vote for a simple majority, where a third person isn't a "spoiler". This came up in my state a few years ago, when the independents were viable candidates. What I find disappointing this time around is all the talk of "change", but the only change I've noticed is that this is a nastier-than-usual campaign. I tend to believe that the Third Party and Independent candidates are actually running because they care about the issues that matter to Americans more than they care about winning.

This may be too big, but I'm going to try to embed the Google video of the whole conference.

No comments: